Welcome to the /v/ & /vg/ Gauntlet Wiki
Welcome to the Retro Game Gauntlet, gentlemen.
Start at NES, and work through in the following order:
- GB/GBC OR Sega Game Gear
- GBA OR Sega Master System
- Commodore 64 OR Commodore Amiga
- Playstation 1 OR Nintendo 64
You have three days to complete the game without assistance (each game gets three days, though RPGs are allowed a week due to length). Select your system here:
You can also do it manually if you don't trust the random number generator:
AND BRING ME SCREENSHOTS PARKER
1) Savestates are allowed ONLY for the purpose of taking screenshots and ONLY if your emulator/game in question does not have a pause function.
2) Rerolls are allowed under the following conditions:
- The game you get requires some sort of hardware functionality that cannot be accurately emulated to complete (eg, Boktai)
- The game would otherwise require cheats, hacks, or alteration of the software to complete due to a bug (eg, Cheetahmen II)
3) Playstation 1 games can be given up to 2 weeks to complete if the game is more than 2 discs.
4) If you lose / give up to a game you have to go back one square instead (ie if you gave up a Genesis game, you go back to GB/GBA and continue frome there)
5) For Rule 4, if the game you fail is on the same path as another console, you have the choice to roll for that console instead of dropping down a level.
For games that have a high score or no end, the rule is:
- If no high score has been established, set a goal and beat it
- if you're playing something another anon already has a high score on, beat their high score
- If you are playing extended rpgs/pokemon/whatever you get a week [Depending on the game needs to be asked in thread]
/vr/ thread guidelines
- Do not post screenshots every other screen, make them few and meaningful
- Do not start a new thread before current one bump limit is exceeded